Stay up-to-date on what is happening in your City of Novato:
- Sign-up to receive notifications via e-mail and/or text message on topics YOU CHOOSE including news, events, and City Council meeting previews and highlights.
- Check out our e-newsletter and sign-up to receive featured stories and information on city projects, programs, new initiatives, policy decisions, and helpful resident and business information.
Novato Parks & Recreation Summer Camp Registration Now Available
Novato Parks & Recreation is pleased to announce that registration is now open for our summer camp programs beginning on June 15. On May 22, Marin County Public Health released new reopening guidelines for childcare and summer camps that include mandated steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
This year, our in-person summer camp programs include Camp Ton-Of-Fun, All Sports Camp, Gymnastics, North Bay Basketball Academy Skills Mini Camp, and Taekwondo. These programs will begin as early as June 15 and operate in 3-week sessions as required by current guidelines.
We will also be launching five virtual programs including an online public speaking class for youth, virtual sports camp, LEGO & engineering camps, and a voice over class for adults. These virtual camps and programs will operate in one-week sessions.
Novato’s camp programs will resume with new health and safety protocols in place including social distancing, handwashing, face covering, surface cleaning and disinfecting, and other precautionary practices. In addition to these general public health hygiene guidelines, our camp programs will comply with the following new County of Marin requirements:
- Each program will group participants in cohorts of 12 children and will run for three consecutive weeks. This means the same 12 children will remain in the same group each day for the duration of the camp program.
- Children will not be allowed to enroll in simultaneous camp programs and shall not change from one group to another.
- Camp program groups will remain separated and will not mix with each other.
- Camp counselors will remain with the same group of children through the duration of the camp program.
“We are excited to be able to offer summer camp programs to the children in our community during this time of so many uncertainties,” said Recreation Supervisor Katie Gauntlett. “After careful consideration and planning, we are looking forward to offering a fun and safe environment for our kids to play and learn this summer while complying with the County’s new guidelines.”
For a listing of summer camp programs and to register now, please visit novatofun.org.