Stay up-to-date on what is happening in your City of Novato:
- Sign-up to receive notifications via e-mail and/or text message on topics YOU CHOOSE including news, events, and City Council meeting previews and highlights.
- Check out our e-newsletter and sign-up to receive featured stories and information on city projects, programs, new initiatives, policy decisions, and helpful resident and business information.
Novato to Hold Virtual Public Meetings
After cancelling several non-essential committee, commission and council meetings over the last few weeks, the City has prioritized holding City Council, Planning Commission and Design Review Commission meetings to conduct essential business. In compliance with the local and state stay at home orders, and as allowed by Governor Newsom’s Executive Order N-29-20, the City will not offer an in-person meeting location for the public to attend these meetings and instead will hold them via teleconference. Additionally, the City Council, Commission members and staff will participate virtually to comply with the order, as well as social distancing guidelines.
Meetings will be live streamed at webex.com, and members of the public are invited to participate virtually. We appreciate your patience as we develop new ways to ensure public access to meetings during this time. As this is a new process, please keep in mind that there may be delays or potential technical difficulties. Different browsers or your WIFI connection may impact your ability to join or participate virtually. We recommend downloading Webex Meetings on your computer or mobile device prior to the meeting.
UPCOMING VIRTUAL MEETINGS
Design Review Commission
Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 7pm
Monday, April 13, 2020 at 7pm
Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 6pm
HOW TO PARTICIPATE VIRTUALLY
Meetings will be held through Webex teleconferencing and will require an access code to join. The community can join a meeting:
- online at webex.com;
- or listen in by calling 1.415.655.0002
Instructions on how to access each meeting, as well as a meeting access code, will be included with the meeting agenda packet and posted online at novato.org/agendas. Please note: You will not be able to provide public comment during the meeting when calling in—this is a “listen only” participation method. Please see below for information on how to provide public comment before and during a meeting.
HOW TO PROVIDE PUBLIC COMMENT
City Council, Planning Commission & Design Review Commission Meetings
- eComment (City Council Meetings Only): Public comments can be submitted at novato.org/councilagendas via the eComment feature for City Council meetings only. In the “Upcoming Events” section, click on “eComment”. The eComment period opens when the agenda is posted online and will close two hours prior to the start of the meeting.
- Email: Written comments can be submitted to:
- Design Review Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org
We recommend sending comments in prior to the meeting so councilmembers and commissioners can take your comments into consideration when voting. Written public comments received no later than two hours prior to the start of the meeting will be distributed to the Council and Commissioners prior to the meeting.
- Online at webex.com: To provide comments during the meeting through the Webex teleconference, please:
- Select the chat feature to send your written comments to the meeting Host, please include your name and the item you’d like to provide written comment on. Your written comments will be read aloud during the public comment period.
- Or, when the Mayor or Chair calls for public comment, use the “raise hand” feature. The Host will notify and unmute you when it is your turn to speak.
If you experience an issue with the Webex conference, please email your comments to the Assistant City Clerk at email@example.com.
Visit the City of Novato COVID-19 webpage at novato.org/coronavirus to sign up for email or text message updates from the City, as well as for information on impacts to the City services, City facility closures and cancelled and postponed events, what to do if you are feeling sick, and tips on how to reduce your risk of exposure.
Novato businesses and workers impacted by COVID-19, visit novato.org/COVID19biz for a listing of resources including information regarding unemployment, disability and paid family leave benefits; small business loans and grants; tax assistance; non-profit support; as well as information on workplace health and safety.
For up-to-date information on what other local agencies are doing in response to COVID-19, please visit the following websites:
Marin Health and Human Services: marinhhs.org/coronavirus
Novato Unified School District: nusd.org/coronavirus-covid-19
North Marin Water District: nmwd.com
Novato Sanitary District: novatosan.com
Marin Transit: marintransit.org
Golden Gate Transit: goldengate.org/district/news-media