Stay up-to-date on what is happening in your City of Novato:
- Sign-up to receive notifications via e-mail and/or text message on topics YOU CHOOSE including news, events, and City Council meeting previews and highlights.
- Check out our e-newsletter and sign-up to receive featured stories and information on city projects, programs, new initiatives, policy decisions, and helpful resident and business information.
City Temporarily Closing Several Sites & Postponing Events through March 29, 2020
In line with our partner organizations, and with the health of our community in mind, the City of Novato is electively closing and cancelling senior and youth-related activities, facilities and programs beginning Saturday, March 14 and continuing through Sunday, March 29, 2020, at which time we will reassess and provide updates.
Staff is available to answer questions over the phone at the numbers listed below during regular business hours. As a reminder, online registration is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at novato.org/regforfun.
- Margaret Todd Senior Center at 1560 Hill Road - Closed and all classes cancelled or postponed from Saturday, March 14 – Sunday, March 29, 2020. The Margaret Todd Senior Center phone line will remain open at 415-899-8290.
- Downtown Recreation Center and Gymnastics Center at 950 7th Street - Closed and all classes cancelled or postponed from Saturday, March 14 – Sunday, March 29, 2020. The Gymnastics Center phone line will remain open at 415-899-8279.
- Lu Sutton Childcare & Preschool at 1800 Center Road - Childcare is unavailable from Monday, March 16 – Sunday, March 29, 2020. The Lu Sutton phone line will remain open at 415-897-1574.
- Hill Gymnasium at 1560 Hill Road - Closed and all events cancelled or postponed from Saturday, March 14 – Sunday, March 29, 2020. For questions about this facility, please call the Margaret Todd Senior Center phone at 415-899-8290.
- Hamilton Community Center & Preschool at 503B South Palm Drive - Closed and all classes cancelled or postponed and childcare unavailable from Saturday, March 14 – Sunday, March 29, 2020. The Center phone line will remain open at 415-899-8263.
- Hamilton Community Gymnasium at 5530 Nave Drive - Closed and all games and practices are cancelled or postponed from Saturday, March 14 – Sunday, March 29, 2020. For questions about this facility, please call 415-899-8263.
- Old Hamilton Gymnasium at 115 San Pablo Avenue - Closed and all classes cancelled or postponed from Saturday, March 14 – Sunday, March 29, 2020. For questions about this facility, please call 415-899-8263.
- Hamilton War Room at 500 Palm Drive - Closed and all classes cancelled or postponed from Saturday, March 14 – Sunday, March 29, 2020. For questions about this facility, please call 415-899-8263.
The Hamilton History Museum at 555 Hangar Avenue and the Novato History Museum at 815 DeLong Avenue will be closed from Saturday, March 14 – Sunday, March 29, 2020. For questions, please email email@example.com. At this time, Marin MOCA at 500 Palm Drive will remain open to the public during their regularly scheduled hours.
Parks & Fields
At this time, all parks and fields remain open and previously-scheduled private event reservations during this period will be honored.
- All adult athletics are cancelled during the period of Saturday, March 14-Sunday, March 29; and
- Novato Senior Citizens Club has suspended the following programs through April 30:
- Country Western Dinner on April 1
- Oakland Zoo trip on April 16; and
- Covia, formerly the Novato Independent Elders Program, located at the Margaret Todd Senior Center at 1560 Hill Road, is suspending their activities through Friday, March 27; and
- The Novato Live Concerts at City Hall on Saturday, March 14, 2020 and on Saturday, March 28, 2020 are cancelled; and
- Irish Dinner at Margaret Todd Senior Center on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 is cancelled.
City Hall & Meetings
The City of Novato remains open, and as of now, the regularly-scheduled Council meeting on Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 6pm will be held as scheduled at Novato City Hall, 901 Sherman Avenue. As a reminder, the City offers many ways for you to watch and participate in City matters without attending a meeting in-person. Our City Council and Planning Commission meetings are streamed live at novato.org/watchmeetings and on Novato Community Television channel 27 (Comcast) and channel 70 (Horizon). Additionally, public comments for Council agenda items can be submitted online via our new eComment feature when an agenda is posted at novato.org/councilagendas. Written comments can also be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or the City Clerk at email@example.com.
Prevention & Good Hygiene Remain Key
The best way to reduce the risk of becoming infected with a respiratory virus, whether the flu or COVID-19, is to practice good hygiene:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing;
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available;
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or crook of your elbow (not your hands). If you use a tissue, throw it away and wash your hands afterward;
- Avoid touching your face;
- Stay home from work or school if you have a fever or are feeling sick;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe;
- Get your flu shot to protect against flu.
Additional information including what to do if you are feeling sick and updates from Marin Health and Human Services are available at novato.org/coronavirus.