Downtown Novato Community Farmers Market
- Date: 05/12/2020 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Location: Downtown Novato Shopping Center
7th Street & Grant Avenue, Behind CVS Pharmacy
- Introduction: Novato's Farmers Market returns on Tuesday, May 5 with new protocols in place to comply with local and state orders and help prevent the spread of COVID-19
Downtown Novato Community Farmers Market 2020
at the Downtown Novato Shopping Center, 7th St. & Grant Ave., behind CVS Pharmacy
May 5 - September 29, 2019, 4pm-8pm
As our community continues to respond to the current COVID-19 crisis, maintaining access to fresh, local, healthy food is a priority for all and is deemed an essential service. This year, the Farmers Market is following strict guidelines as outlined by the California Department of Public Health in compliance with local and state orders, as well as in an effort to protect the health and safety of all in attendance.
As part of these new protocols, market staff will be wearing masks and gloves and increasing cleanliness procedures including handwashing and disinfecting of surfaces and objects. Additionally, food sampling, community eating areas and music has been suspended.
New online ordering with curbside pickup will also be offered. Orders can be placed by 5pm the day before the market and pick up instructions will be provided. More information about this new service is available at ilovefarmersmarkets.org.
If you are planning to attend the Downtown Novato Farmers Market, we ask that you please adhere to the following guidelines to keep our market safe and open:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Customers age 65+ or in a high-risk group should have someone shop for them when possible or utilize the new online ordering and curbside pickup service at ilovefarmersmarkets.org.
- Wear your face covering at all times. Per Marin County Public Health Order, everyone over the age of 12 is required to wear a face covering when in public settings.
- Wash your hands before entering the market. There will be handwashing stations provided, as well as hand sanitizer.
- Do not handle produce or products, and food sampling is not allowed. Vendors must bag purchase for the customer.
- Practice social distancing by maintaining 6 feet distance from others at all times.
- Make a shopping list to help make your visit to the market as short as possible, and limit interactions with others.
- Be prepared with small bills to offer exact change to vendors when possible.