GET READY -- FREE Community Disaster Preparedness Course
Free 2-hour class to prepare you & yours for the next disaster
- Date: 08/06/2019 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Location: All Saints Lutheran Church
2 San Marin Drive
Novato, California 94945
- Introduction: Get Ready prepares households with the necessary skills and information to survive and cope with a disaster for five to seven days.
On Tuesday, August 6, the Novato Police Department will hold a Get Ready community disaster preparedness course from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM at All Saints Lutheran Church, 2 San Marin Drive, Novato, CA.
Wildland fire season is here and, of course, it’s always “earthquake season” in California. If a major disaster were to strike the North Bay, first responders would be heavily committed to rescue and relief efforts. Response times will likely be much longer than normal. PG&E now has a Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) protocol that may affect residents and result in a loss of power for multiple days. Are you prepared? Is your family prepared?
To address these public safety risks, a simple and free two-hour emergency preparedness program is being offered to all households in the county through the Get Ready Emergency Disaster Preparedness Program, which is a collaborative effort between Marin County communities and jurisdictions with a goal to prepare households with the skills and information to survive and cope with a disaster for five to seven days.
- Prepared citizens means reduced injuries and illnesses due to a disaster
- A reduction to the over-burdened emergency first-responders
- A reduction to the over-burdened hospitals and urgent care centers
- A reduction in the financial burden the city will bear due to disaster
- A stronger community: people helping each other
- Gain the necessary information to protect your family during a disaster
Advance registration is required. Scheduled classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not met. Enrollment is FREE.